Chiropractic - It's more than you think!
Everything in your body has a relationship with your nervous system. Chiropractic produces results by helping your nervous system work the way it should. A common source of interference to your nervous system comes from the moving bones, or vertebrae, that encase the "information superhighway" (your spinal cord).
When the vertebrae lose their normal motion or position, they can cause the delicate nerve tissue to become irritated, stretched or choked. The message this nerve tissue should be sending between your brain and your body is then distorted.
This distorted message may result in pain, numbness, weakness of muscles, tingling sensations, under-performance or hyper-activity of organ function, and/or reduced energy levels. Instead of covering up these symptoms with drugs, chiropractic focuses on restoring proper function of your spine, removing the interference to the nerve, and correcting the underlying cause(s).
So what causes the spine to lose it's proper motion or position? The more common causes of the misalignments can be from stress, poor posture, repetitive movements, lack of sleep, and even common everyday movements. Trauma, which may occur during even a normal birthing process, is often the first source of nervous system interference. Other types of trauma such as a fall, work injury, or car accident (even a minor "fender bender"), can cause loss of motion and improper function of your spine.
Dr. Lennon Kirkendall works to restore function and improve overall health by removing the small distortions in your spine, known as a vertebral subluxation complex, using different types of chiropractic adjustments, depending on your specific needs. Each chiropractic adjustment builds on the last, improving motion and strengthening supporting muscles. Restoring your health is a team effort; for this reason Dr. Kirkendall will also discuss with you things you can do between visits to support the care you receive in our office.^ back to top
Who We Help:
Back pain and neck pain are often the most common problems people seek chiropractic care for, but chiropractic is so much more.
- Whiplash or other injuries from a car accident
- Disc disorders such as a bulging or herniated disc, or degenerative disc disease
- Neurological Conditions
- TMJ disorder
- Pregnancy - Adjustments can alleviate morning sickness, relieve joint pain and inflammation, helps with insomnia.
- Want to improve your golf swing? Improper motion in your spine could be producing muscle imbalances causing your swing to be "off".
- Sit at a computer all day? Ask about extremity adjustments. Improve the range of motion in your shoulders, elbow, and wrists to treat and possibly even prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Knee problems? Often misalignments in your low back and/or hips can lead to unnoticeable changes in the way you walk. These minor alterations in your gait can lead to altered biomechanics in your knee, ankle or foot.
- Stressed out? Mental stress can lead to muscle tension, headaches, and changes in posture. Regular adjustments can help.^ back to top
Our Office Hours
Monday - Thursday
9:00am to 6:00pm
Fridays 9:30am to 1:00pm
Schedule an Appointment
Scheduling an appointment is easy. Please give us a call, or fill out our online form.
You can click, print and fill out the paperwork prior to your first appointment.